Wednesday, October 4th, 2023 @ 6pm-8pm
Aldo Leopold Nature Center
330 Femrite Dr, Monona, WI 53716
This workshop will be held in the Tamarack Room at the ALNC in Monona.
Wild Ones Madison members will be hosting this event to help you design your yard and plan your planting from start to finish. Whether you are brand new and are starting completely from scratch, or experienced with landscaping and just want some specific advice, we are here to help.
There will be several stations including vision planning and inspiration (if you don’t know what you want, but know you want something, we will help you figure out what you can do); mapping your yard and creating a design plan; site preparation, plant selection, and a resource table for all auxiliary materials.
Where: Aldo Leopold Center Tamarack Room – 330 Femrite Dr, Monona, WI 53716
Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Time: Two time slots – 6pm-6:50pm and 7pm-7:50pm (15 spots per time slot)
- $10 for Wild Ones members
- $20 for non-members (For a $30 membership join Wild Ones to enjoy member perks and opportunities. Join here)
Payment will be taken via cash or check upon arrival. Please notify us at least 48 hours prior if you can’t attend so we can notify another on the waitlist.
Note: If you attend this event, we ask that you take photos and measurements of your yard and existing or planned beds soon, before the snow comes. It will also make it much easier for us to help you with your property if we can see exactly how it looks! Consider taking your photos when it is sunny, so we can see where shade and sun areas will fall.
Helpful tips to prepare:
- Bring printed photos of your space or hand drawn maps that can be drawn on to help layout the space
- looking at photos on a small phone screen can sometimes be challenging, especially if we’re crowdsourcing and working as a group to help formulate ideas
- Bring a laptop or device that you can utilize for looking at/working with aerial imagery of your space if that is applicable
- there is some measuring/mapping that can be done on accessible, open source platforms and we can show you how. We’ll have at least one laptop on site, but it might help if you want to save any digital measurements/drawings, etc.
- Feel free to bring any printed photos that highlight features of your native landscaping projects that might be a useful thing to share with others! This event will be great through strength of community sharing! Process photos, site prep, before/afters, etc.
To follow any updates and discussion, you can check out the Facebook Event for this workshop (registration through the link above still preferred please).